Monday, October 27, 2014

VENICE LIVING........Recap



I found I missed posting some pictures, so here they are with descriptions.  Once again I am on board a ship with limited internet access......but I so wanted to get my last Venice Living Post done!  So here we go.......I miss my Venice home as I look at these pictures again!  Sigh!




Laundry day ......my brother washed sheets for the arrival of our cousin.  Actually, I think he wanted to work the washing machine and actually hang out the laundry ala Venezia!



In the Campo Santa Marghereta they would have a flea market some days.....I did buy myself a bangle bracelet......it was really fun to take a look see here.





This was a flower shop I found ....I wanted to buy a yellow rose for my cousin's room when she arrived in Venice.  The shop owner did not speak any English.....but when I told her it was a gift for a guest that was arriving at my apartment.....she went through every yellow rose until she found the perfect one.  Then she tied a ribbon around it!!!!!  It cost me 1 Euro!


I must admit I have not been having many pictures taken of me on this trip.....not sure about the reason!  But when my brother and I did a dry run to the Cruise Port....in case I had to do it on my own.....YES I am a planner!....he took a picture of me at the station for the People Mover Train that takes you to the Cruise Port.  Obviously.....I ended up taking a Water Taxi.....but it was kind of cool to go back here again!



Just a hint to fellow travelers.....The Cruise Port in Venice is really accessible and well marked.  If you are mobile and with little luggage......your best bet is to walk to Pia'lle Roma, board the people Mover for 1 or 2 Euros.....then just follow the signs to your ship!


What can I say....I love the flower Shops in Italy!


A new dessert I created.  I wanted Ice Cream with Galiano.....but the bar near home didn't have Galiano....so they just put a shot of Grappa on my Chocolate Ice Cream.....thank goodness I only had to walk across the square to home!!!


This is the Basil Plant I bought at the Veggie Boat in Campo San Barnaba......I found a planter in my garden and I ended up using this plant when making sauce and salads!  My little contribution to the garden!


The Vaporetto Station that my brother arrived at and where I walked my cousin to when she headed to the train station!!!  A very convenient station to the Dorsoduro neighborhood.  Ca' Rezzonico!


Ca' Rezzonico Station!


My contribution to the Home In Venice!  I needed my Tea Kettle and I thought this copper one just fit in with the decor of the Kitchen I ended up falling in love with!


This is where I was able to buy contact lens solution and case which I left on the airplane.....Delta did a search but it never turned up!  


Just another evening in Venice Walking home from dinner!!!!  I so fell in love with Dorsoduro!


Flowers I bought for my Venice Home!


And flowers for my Garden Table!


This I found facinating!  I was wondering how people dealt with the Acqua Alta (flooding) on a first floor level.  Well.....apparently they have these metal gates/blocks that prevent, or slow down water from getting inside their homes or businesses!  My home's first floor started a few steps up, so I didn't have this.  But, I did notice that my wrought iron and glass door into the home was designed with a sealed metal (steel) closure!  AND.....it did not appear to have ever been flooded.  There was no mold....or any other problems associated with have been flooded!


I have no clue where this was.....but it looks like a seagull is a bit of a Peeking Tom!!!


I think this was my first Spritz in Venice.  Luckily.....they make the same drink on Board the ship!!!  Yes, I have had one or two.


This was my first meal in Venice!  Insalada Capreese.....There is something about the mozarella in Italy, I think it is Buffalo Mozarella!


This entree was so so.....it was linguine & Crab Sauce.....but the sauce tasted like canned crab meat!  Thumbs down to this!


Pic was taken as I was preparing the garden table for my "first dinner at home"....Grilled Steak!


I made a wonderful salad......grilled steak....a local bottle of red wine!!!!  Needless to say, I was so happy!!!


More dinner pictures!


Ingredients for this dinner.....sorry about the order of my pictures.  Hey, when you are paying 25 cents a minute for internet.....you rush a lot!

So, I believe this is my last post for my two weeks of living in Venice!!!  I will tweak....refine and add thoughts about my Venice experience while I am crossing the atlantic!  As well as give you some looks at Monte Carlo, Marseille, Corfu, Civitavechhia (Rome), Naples Italy, Montenegro, Dubrovnik, Barcelona, Alicante, Spain, Almeria, Spain, Cadiz, Spain and Punta del Gada, Portugal!!!

I am still an Italian minded gal....still speaking Italian on Board ship!!!!

CIAO!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment