Thursday, October 17, 2013

KOTOR, MONTENEGRO...I am in love!!

 This was the view I saw as we sailed into Kotor, Montenegro through the Fjord...made by a river running from the interior to the Adriatic Sea.....it was incredibly breathtaking.  The trip took one hour through a 17 mile waterway that some people call Europe's southern most Fjord.  
 This is an example of the wonderful tiled alleyways throughout Kotor.....incredible architecture.  The ship docked right across from the entrance to the old town which is a well preserved collection of buildings, churches, squares and stone streets that date back to the Middle Ages.  It is strictly pedestrian with shops & cafes.  My goal for the day was to find a restaurant for dinner that evening.
 AND of course, this is me at the wine Bar Mon Amie......No shortage of cafes anywhere in Europe.  BTW I will have a link on my Facebook page to their page.  While searching for a restaurant, I stumbled across this adorable wine bar in one of the narrow alleys.  AND then, around the corner was a lovely family run restaurant, Bastion.......

Me and Jeff having a wonderful dinner at Bastion......and of course I had to pose with the proprietors.  This restaurant was tiny and the staff barely spoke English.  We settled in for a fantastic fish dinner consisting of Dover Sole, Sea Bass, Cuttle Fish, and Halibut.  Along with that we had sauteed spinach & mushrooms, grilled vegetables and of course some local wine!  Walking back to the ship was pleasant and it was a wonderful day & evening.

Our next stop is Dubrovnik, Croatia.  Once again a return for me.  The last time I was in Dubrovnik was in the 70's while traveling from Graz, Austria by train.  Back then the country was called Yugoslavia.

No comments:

Post a Comment