Tuesday, September 24, 2013

OR............INDIVIDUAL THERAPY?

I think individual therapy is more appropriate.  I have self-diagnosed, and I will self treat.  Perhaps 32 years of working in the "House" of Jung, Freud & Fromm will payoff.  Okay, I was NOT a therapist, but instead, the HR Director of a Mental Health Hospital.  But, 32 years of exposure to all the "Psychiatry" stuff can rub off.

My diagnosis.....Fear (or as those in the Biz like to say "Phobia").  Treatment:  I am debating between Immersion Therapy or Exposure Therapy.  Since my issue of mingling with predominantly Couples is occurring on a Sea Going Vessel with no real escape for 26 days, I believe Intense Exposure Therapy is the way to go.

You know, on second thought, I think I am going to use my Best Friend's Therapy.....and I quote:  "It is what it is!  Get over it!"

Whew, that's a relief.  It is what it is and to get over it I will just have to maximize my exposure, get involved, be charming (as much as I can be) and make friends.  After all, the goal of my adventure is to meet new people, explore new places, be curious, take chances and recapture the care free attitude of YOUTH!

Stay tuned.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment