Thursday, September 19, 2013

BLOG PURPOSE CONTINUED.....



I chose a cruise as my first solo adventure to provide a sense of security, community and exposure to a wide variety of people and places.  I did go it alone some years ago to experience living in NYC by renting an apartment for one month.  However, that experience did not really count as a solo adventure since my primary residence is just two hours outside of Manhattan.  I was hardly ever alone since family and friends visited every weekend that I was there.  I DID treasure my mid-week alone time by doing things I had never done before, such as:  eating out alone, navigating the subway system alone, making friends with my NYC neighbors and finding a Pub where I made friends and met with them regularly.

SO, on this trip I will begin with 11 days with my frequent traveling buddy, my brother.  He will disembark in Athens, Greece on October 20th and I will begin my 26 day journey from Athens to Santorini, Corfu, Katakolon, Rhodes, Croatia, Montenegro, Italy, Portugal, Sicily, Spain, Israel, Turkey, and Cyprus.  Disembarkation will be in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, after crossing the Atlantic.  The total travel period will begin on October 8th with the flight to Rome and will end November 15th when I arrive in FL.

My goal of this Blog is to chronicle my journey and make suggestions for others considering such a trip, share my experiences and hopefully accomplish all this with a good dose of HUMOR!

SO, stay tuned for MY adventure of a lifetime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment