Sunday, January 1, 2017

AMALFI, ITALY

AMALFI.....A Beautiful Village on the Amalfi Coast

Just a 15 minute Ferry Ride from Maiori along the Amalfi Coast is this lovely Village and the connection point to other towns along the Amalfi Coast and Capri!
You land at a dock which has connecting Ferries to Sorrento, Salerno, Positano, Capri and others.  It is probably one of the simplest and most scenic means of transportation on the Amalfi Coast.
Following are some pictures taken during my day there on October 29, 2016.


Views from the Ferry on the way to Amalfi.






Walking around the town.  Surprisingly, the town Center is void of all those stairs that are found in so many other Coastal towns.  Of course, if you venture out of the town Center, it is mostly up hill.








A little lunch in Amalfi.......I have not had pizza since arriving back in the US.....there is no other place but Italy to eat Pizza!!!!





The Pottery in all the towns along the Amalfi Coast is incredible.  I bought tons of it....as gifts and for myself.  Luckily I was traveling back to the States by Ship & once I got to FL I shipped it all home so I didn't have to take it on the plane with me.




Such a beautiful little village!

No comments:

Post a Comment